It should go without saying that when I saw this shirt on sale at J.Crew Factory, I absolutely had to have it! Even though the tee is a statement itself, I decided to stray from my usual fall/winter color palette and bring out some brights. Remember: A defined waistband and all black from the waist down is a great way to slim your lower half while still accentuating your curves.
I wore this outfit out to lunch with my dad, and then swapped the boots for some cozy slippers to host book club at night. I can’t say enough about being part of a book club. It’s a great way to meet new people and expand your mind. Bubbly + books…what could be bad?
Sweater: LOFT (similar), Tee: J.Crew Factory (sweater version), Skirt: Catherine Malandrino for DesigNation, Tights: Hanes, Booties: White Mountain via DSW (similar), Handbag: Kate Spade (similar), Necklace: Charming Charlie (similar), Bracelets: Gorjana (similar) & Charming Charlie (similar)
Linking up with Stylin in St. Louis
Okay…I can’t believe I’m saying this, but PJs are having a serious moment! There are so many cute PJ sets out right now, and I want them all. I’m sure you do too, so I did us both a favor and found 10 sets that are adorable and affordable! Time to snuggle up! Which one is going on your wish list?
It can be really hard to find a unique gift, something that truly caters to its recipient. You also want a gift that will last, so the giftee can really enjoy it. So, instead of a one-off, try a gift subscription. These days, you can get pretty much anything delivered right to your door, but don’t worry about wading through the long list of options. Here are six subscriptions that are worth giving and getting + all of the essential info you need to know before you buy:
- Birchbox + Birchbox Man
- Who: Women and men who like to try new beauty, grooming and lifestyle products
- What: High-end samples that cater to your needs and wants based on a detailed personal profile
- How Much: $10/month for women, $20/month for men
- Sam’s Note: I’ve been a Birchbox subscriber for years, and I absolutely love it! It’s a great way to discover new products and try them out before you pay for full-size. Bonus: Founder Katia is super sweet and incredibly inspiring!
- Who: Non-committal Jewelry Lovers
- What: Three pieces of designer jewelry. Borrow for a while and send them back, or buy at 20% off retail.
- How Much: $16/month for 6 months, $15/month for 12 months, or $19/month for one month
- Sam’s Note: My best friend Leah subscribes to this one and loves it. She’s gotten some seriously amazing pieces!
- Craft Beer Club
- Who: Beer fans who like to try new brews
- What: 12 beers per month, 4 styles with three of each. All of the beer comes from small microbreweries across the country, and info on the breweries is included in the shipment.
- How Much: $37.75/month
- Sam’s Note: I bought this subscription for my husband as a birthday/law school graduation present earlier this year, and he and his friends have really enjoyed trying new beers. Bonus: When you place a gift order, it comes with fun, beer-related add-ons like bottle openers and tasting glasses.
- Gourmet Spotting
- Who: Foodies interested in trying out new international flavors
- What: Each Tasting Box comes with 4-6 gourmet products from around the world
- How Much: $29.99 for one month, $109.99 for three months
- Sam’s Note: Although it’s a little pricey, Gourmet Spotting will donate one meal to charity for every box purchased, so you’ll really be giving two gifts at once!
- Brit Kit
- Who: Crafty friends + DIY lovers
- What: All of the materials for a special DIY project arrive with detailed instructions
- How Much: $15-35
- Sam’s Note: Right now, Brit + Co. is revamping their subscription service, but these kits are definitely worth a try. Got three months of this for my craft-loving bestie Elena, and she loved it!
- POPSUGAR Must Have
- Who: Trendy ladies who like to stay ahead of the curve
- What: Fashion, beauty, home, fitness and food. Full sized products hand-picked by editors.
- How Much: $39.95/month, with savings for multiple months
- Sam’s Note: POPSUGAR partners with some fabulous brands for these boxes, and I’ve heard great things!
This year, Thanksgiving took place during Hanukkah for the first and only time during our lifetime. It’s kind of strange for Hanukkah to be so early, but it was nice to celebrate both holidays with family. My husband and I spent a few days with my mom and had a low key, but very yummy, Thanksgiving. Since I spent most of the day helping my mom cook, I wanted a comfortable, warm outfit that I could transition from prep to dinner. Clearly I am in love with both this sweater and plaid shirt, recent H&M finds. I also couldn’t wait to wear this gorgeous necklace that my mom gave me for the first night of Hanukkah the night before these pictures were taken. Read More →
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is busy enjoying the holiday with family and friends! We are on Long Island for a few days, and although our dinner crowd will be smaller than usual, I’m still incredibly grateful to be able to eat good food and relax with the people I love!
I’m also giving thanks for this blog, which started as a creative outlet and has become much more. Thank YOU for reading, commenting, liking and re-tweeting! Thank you for supporting me and my petite pear style! I truly believe that great style should be affordable and accessible for women of all shapes and sizes, and I hope that comes across here. If there’s anything you would like to see more of on this blog, please let me know!
Now, I would be remiss if I didn’t acknowledge The Granddaddy of Shopping Days: Black Friday! I’m honestly more of a Cyber Monday girl myself, but fortunately, many stores are starting their online sales early. Here are some worth checking out:
- Up to 75% off at Kate Spade
- 50% off everything at J.Crew Factory
- 25% off + free shipping at Keds with code KEDSHOLIDAY
- 30% off three or more items at C. Wonder with code GIFTS30
- Up to 50% off at Nordstrom
- 35% off at Capwell + Co. with code HOLIDAY35
- 20% off everything at ASOS
- 40% off sweaters, jeans & dresses at Target (+ more deals all day!)
- 50% off everything at Ann Taylor with code ANNTHANKS